Automobile Insurance

Vehicle insurance (also known as auto insurance, GAP insurance, car insurance, or motor insurance) is insurance purchased for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles. Its primary use is to provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions, and against liability that could also arise therefrom. The specific terms of vehicle insurance vary with legal regulations in each region. Vehicle insurance may additionally offer financial protection against theft of the vehicle and possibly damage to the vehicle, sustained from things other than traffic collisions. These are some of the insurance coverages:

Personal Injury Protection (P.I.P.): PIP coverage makes the individual responsible for their own injuries in an accident regardless of fault. In Florida, it is required to be purchased by all owners of motor vehicles registered in this state. Anyone in your car who has PIP car insurance will be covered by his or her own policy if you get in a car accident. P.I.P. will also cover:

  • You, while you are a passenger in someone else’s car.
  • Your child and other members of your household.
  • Your child (when he or she is riding on a school bus).
  • You (when you are a pedestrian or bicyclist involved in a car accident.)
  • Passengers in your car who do not own a car.and do not have their own PIP insurance.

Property Damage (P.D.): will cover you for damages you cause in a car accident to someone else’s property, such as homes or buildings.

Bodily Injury (B.I.):  The Florida Financial Responsibility Law requires that a person, who is at fault for an accident, must provide financial coverage of at least $10,000 per person and $20,000 per accident.  Meaning, if you cause an accident which results in bodily injuries to another person(s), you must either have B.I. insurance or post a bond for the required amount of coverage. If this responsibility is not met, it can result in a loss of your driving privileges. You will also be required to make financial arrangements to pay for any judgment against you for property damage and/or bodily injuries before you can get your driver's license reinstated. This coverage is not required to legally drive an automobile in the state of Florida, however, it can be if you have been convicted of a DUI and the minimum required is $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident. 

Comprehensive: This coverage will pay for damages to your car that do not result from accidents, e.g., scratches to your car’s paint due to vandalism.

Collision: This coverage will pay for accident-related damages to your car.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (U.M.): This coverage will pay for damages incurred by incidents with drivers who do not have insurance.

Rental car coverage:

Towing and labor:

Finding the best car insurance for you is our job. We offer the most competitive quotes on South Florida auto insurance, even for drivers with less than perfect driving histories. Whether you are an experienced driver or a teenage driver, our experienced agents will find the best auto quotes in from multiple carriers. Please give us a call or stop by one of our offices.